Book Wench on Facebook

Friday, July 17, 2009

Help, Wanted: Desperately


Author:Ariel Horn

And i found myself yet again reading another chic lit book. why i may ask myself. the answer is i read books whom i can relate too, i read paranormal books coz i like the paranormal world, and this book definitely hit me right in my head when i found it at BestSellers bookstore. A college graduate to be looking for a job after college. don't get me wrong when i graduated a job was already waiting for me and its now my current profession. in relation to the book its a story about Alexia's road in my finding a job, any job in new york so that she can be with her boyfriend. i read the book thinking i will get some few lessons in how to get your dream job, instead i learned that whatever country you are in, landing in a job that you really dreamed off has a thin line in crossing over granny goose's world. yes, its true when we apply jobs we tell a lot of bullshits just to get a job and earn money and get to buy the things we want. but yet we never asks if we really like our job.

this book is great for college students who are lost and need to find there selves in society's corporate food chain. The book tells what its like to be rejected, and how telling bullshits in job interviews and telling the truth is a lot different and that sometimes we just need to stop and think if that is what we really want in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment