Book Wench on Facebook

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Difference between you and me


AUTHOR: Kathleen DeMarco

Meet Josephine O'leary, call her Josie. Pretty, nice body, 28 years old and ambitious. Although she has has graduated law and is a lawyer, she wanted a life in hollywood. she knows she can't act nor represent any talent so she aspires to be a producer.

Then there's Carla Trouse, 41 yrs old, over educated, intelligent, cynical, speaks her mind (lol sounds family isn't it.. hehe) She's jobless and her cousin Philip practically finance her life until a life altering situation turned her life around.

I bought this book simply because its on sale and the cover amused me. It reminds them of two particular sisters... hehe. anyway, the book revolves around the life in hollywood. How people play the game as Josie clearly placed. Part of josie reminds me of myself. The way she views hollywood. Clara also reminds me of myself. Broke, cynical about life, can't keep her job longer enough to be promoted coz no one actually like her honesty about corporate matters. Bottom line is, in the end, both girls have changed for the better. They learned from each other. Josie learned that socializing with people are not enough to be on top of the ladder. Clara learned that its better to shut up and then get ahead of the people and surprise them.

The book is well written not for bestseller material but it better then most on the bestseller lists. It tackles about ambition, pursuing once dream but then ended up with something far from your dreams and goals. I really didn't expect I would like the book much as I did. But its worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment