Book Wench on Facebook

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My day at the 30th manila book fair


Last week was the 30th Manila International Book Fair. Unlike last year there weren't much people. Compared to last year that I have bought php3000 worth of books, this year due to unfortunate events I didn't spend a single piso in the fair. However, my sister asuall bought a book from readers digest which could not be purchased in any book stores here but only at A-Z direct the official distributor of Reader's Digest her in the philippines. She bought a book about paranormal thing and since it was buy one take one... we took the wild life year book as the take one free. I don't know, i think i'm becoming to be fascinated in wildlife photography. Maybe because of someone i particularly know in Africa. Anyway, back to the book fair. It is sad that not much of book enthusiast doped by the book fair. Most of the participants and guests in the book fair are either from the educational sector (teachers and students) or owners of small time bookstores to get some contacts with book distributors. Sometimes its sad to know that because of the growing demand of the digital world people would prefer ebooks other books.

Now since i was already in Mall of Asia where the book fair was held, we side track to watch the fireworks display at the baywalk of MoA, hoping it will take away my thoughts because of what happened to my laptop. That's also one thing why i wasn't very excited over the book fair. Cos it was the same day that IBM called me and said i need php85000plus to have my laptop fixed. o.0 and where the hell am i going to find that kind of money. *sigh*

anyway.... i know its not related to this book blog of mine but i'm trying to raise some funds so that i can have my lappy fix or buy a brand new one. I am a freelance photography from the side line. So if your looking for a photographer for your event or photo shot i only charge php2000 if you want some photoshop enhancing just add php1000. You can refer to my online portfolio at http://paige.litratozguild.com

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment