Book Wench on Facebook

Monday, June 15, 2009

Skin Trade


It has been a year for me that I have waited for this book. Finally it was out and I needed to wait further for my payday in able to buy the book but... It was worth the wait.

Skin Trade, 17th novel of Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake Series. I am a bit disappointed, Micah was not in the book. That's like 2 succeeding books without my favorite NimeRaj "wereleopard king" When I was reading this book, it took me back to Obsidian Butterfly. Why? with reasons that Edward was there, Olaf and Bernardo and it didn't happen in st. Louis, it happened outside state like in Obsidian Butterfly.

Now we all know that Vittorio is back in this book, with a vengence. He mailed the head of the local executioner of Las Vegas to Anita, so she flew to Vegas with out even talking to Jean-claude. It is nice for a change that Richard isn't mentioned in this book. Good ridding, his becaming a pain in the ass for both JC and AB anyway. But a lot of interesting revelation has been uncovered in this book. For example, Marmee Noir, a.k.a mommy dearist was a necromancer before she became a vampire. I did not add shapeshifter coz we already know that in the previous books. Also Vittorio isn't really Vittorio his name was Father Day or Father of the Tigers. Apparantly in the book it hinted that Vittorio and Marmee has some pass and eventually their greed of power has became the reason the two of them has turned agianst each other. This time Skin Trade is not full of sex and sex in almost all pages and no more crime solving thing as compared to the middle books of this series which most fans back when this series started actaully hated. Skin Trade looks like it revive the essence of the series from the very beginning. Murder investigations, police work and a lot less of the vampire politics. But the sex is still there in the later part. hehe.

LKH hasn't disappointed me yet in her ABVH novels. I'm still going to collect them all and read them all. Its unlike any vampire books I have read. Not to mention, its the only vamp series I know where vampires and other preternatural creatures are legal citizins of the world. For me nothing could beat the ABVH series. I hope the TV series that they are making will not a disappointment. But I believe LKH's desision on that. I mean look at the marvel version of ABVH, it is word for word with the book. I hope it will be the same in the TV series.

No comments:

Post a Comment